1. According to the regulations of the Foundation for Polish Science,
in order to participate in the above programme a candidate must be enrolled
into regular PhD studies at the Jagellonian University or elsewhere.
2. Candidates who satisfy p.1 will be selected by the present Recruitment Committee in two steps. In the first step the Committee will perform the evaluation on the basis of the applications. Candidates who pass the first stage will be invited for the personal interview. The applications should comply with the rules specified in the recruitment section.
3. The studies last 4 years. After that time a student is expected to defend his Ph.D. thesis which will be awarded by the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University. An extension to five years is possible, however in the fifth year the student will not receive the stipend.
4. To help students to master the subject and to amplify their international experience, the students will spend ½ - 2 years carrying on their research in the partner institution specified for each project in the foreign partners section.
5. The stipend is: 3500 zł in Poland and 5000 zł while carrying the research abroad. This amount includes 500 zł for a voluntary pension insurance of each student. If a student already has a pension insurance from another source, the stipend is 3000 zł and 4500 zł respectively.
6. Seven projects are now open for the recruitment and the starting date of actual studies is September 1st 2010. Students interested in these projects are encouraged to contact corresponding supervisors as soon as possible.